Tuesday, December 2, 2014

3D Printing at a discount price or for free

Hello Everyone,

So my next big obstacle was 3d printing the design I had professionally made. I started making calls and seeing what kind of quotes i could get, my attorney ( Thats another blog entirely ) gave me a solid NDA to give manufacturers. The NDA "non-disclosure agreement" was so that not only could they not steal my idea but any idea they came up with based on my idea was also mine, pretty clever right? So the prices for 3d printing were a bit crazy going from $600 - $2,000 depending on the machine. So what could I do? Well I offered a trade, I was able to trade making a website for the company in exchange for a 3d print of my design. So many 3d printers out there with horrible or outdated websites. So I found a way in, something i could do for other companies in exchange for what I was looking for. It came out amazing!!



You would be surprised how often companies are willing to trade a service for a service. Make sure to check out everything about them and if you have something they want, trade it! It doesn't hurt to ask.

My next step after this was making sure to put a patent out on it and a trademark on the name i had, and I know thats going to be expensive with no possible chance of trading.

To see how far i am now ( a year later)  check it out here -


Thanks Everyone 
Justin Greenough

No comments:

Post a Comment