Friday, November 28, 2014

New Invention - CAD CAM Design and 3D Printing

Hey Everyone,

So my next biggest hurdle was taking my drawing of the invention i had and turning it into something that i could actually hold and use! The first thing i did was look online over and over again, I checked google and links and forums to try and find someone that could help me with my project. I eventually came across a website that helped me. A middle man site who could point me to his connections. Thats where i met Mike Robinson from www.cad-camsolutions.com . He was very polite and helped me get a 3d version of my invention in no time. I then downloaded an app called eDrawings to view the 3d. It was an amazing feeling to se an idea I had come to life in a 3d rendering that i could mover around and view.


Things were moving right along and I was getting more excited with every step. Now that I had it drawn out and made in CAD CAM I had to find a 3d printer to print it for me. I had talked to a few 3d print companies but nothing i was excited about yet. And i imagine what everyone would want to know would be the pricing for this, to have this CAD CAM made it cost about $600, and i imagine it was so low because of how simple my project was. I knew if i was going to make this work I couldn't keep paying money so I had to come up with some way to trade with the next company i needed. When you have a family you have to support with a day job, its hard to come up with that extra money to fund your dream.

To see how far i am now ( a year later)  check it out here -


Thanks Everyone 
Justin Greenough



No comments:

Post a Comment