Monday, December 8, 2014

Patent you Invention and Trademark your logo

Hello Everyone,

This i would say is the most difficult part of the invention process. There is no way around paying for a lawyer to file your invention. At first I thought i would put it together myself. How hard could it be, look at another patent and switch the words around so that it fits your invention? Amazingly difficult, like another language, and I started thinking if i didn't do it right the first time then someone could steal my idea. So I had to bite the bullet and pay for someone to file my patent. I had to pick up extra website jobs on the side and I had to get money from any avenue I had. The patent was sent off and my invention is now "patent-pending". So now its a clock counting down the days, I need to get things up and running within a year so I can get the full patent. Its a bit scary but at the same time motivating because it pushes you to work at it.

The other thing I needed was a Trademarked name. The name of the product had to be simple. On of the most difficult things about coming up with a name for your invention is that you know it will be permanently attached to your invention forever! Since my invention was a ring I had a million ideas, maybe "T-Ring" cause there was a T that connected the two, maybe "Keely Ring" named after my daughter. And not only do you have to come up with a good name, you then have to check all areas of social media and websites to make sure the great name you came up with isn't already used.
Finally I came up with the name "Ringzie" , I got the .com , facebook, twitter, instagram , youtube, and google + . I got the lawyer to file the trademark and now i'm off and running!



To see how far i am now ( a year later)  check it out here -


Thanks Everyone 
Justin Greenough

No comments:

Post a Comment