Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Staying motivated when starting a business

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to help inspire others who are looking to invent, produce, market an idea. I'll tell you right now, it's not going to be easy. There are a bunch of obstacles in your way, and everyone has a different set of challenges so theres no real way to give advice to any particular individual. I will tell you this much, find out what motivates you. There are a few different things that motivate me personally and i'll list them out for you.

1. The invention.
Of course the first and foremost thing in my mind that motivates me is the invention I just came up with. Its the first burst of energy that not only gets your mind excited but also immediately sets a goal and somewhat of a personal finish line. When i came up with my invention of customizable rings it sparked something inside me i can't explain.

2. Your Family.
Those you hold dear and would love to provide for and be with more are an inspiration to do something you love.The ability to free yourself from a 9 to 5 and become your own boss to make your own hours is huge to helping your family dynamic. My wife Tiffany and three daughters are my whole life and giving them everything i can is my soul purpose.

3. Friends.
You'll find that from the moment you were 10 to right now there have been people in your life that help you along the way. I had a childhood friend Reggie Taylor who inspired me to leave my home town in Canada, Nova Scotia and be more and years later have ran into a new friend John Saunders (owner of 5four digital - www.5fourdigital.com) who keeps me motivated towards my current goal to be my own boss.

4. Entrepreneurs.
These may be someone you've seen ton tv or even someone your currently working for. In my case i work for a few entrepreneurs - Lee Sustiel and Stac Yagu who created a luxury transportation business in Miami from scratch and I helped them from the very beginning. www.mphclub.com
You can find these people everywhere and you can pick and choose who you feel motivates you the most and is most like your personality when it comes to business.

Ultimately its up to you to stay motivated but there are tons of avenues to pick from. Find out what makes you take that next step. As far ass my advice to you goes, just keep moving, if its risky, if its costly, if it takes time, just keep moving. Over time you'll find yourself on the other end of something great. It may not seem like it now but you can make something great from the smallest of ideas as long as you keep going.





Thanks Everyone 
Justin Greenough

No comments:

Post a Comment